Posted October 06, 2019 05:12:56 The #MeSomething movement is making the internet more inclusive.
The hashtag #MeIt’s been trending across social media platforms and is seen as a key step towards changing the way we think about sexual assault and harassment on the internet.
The #MeThings movement is a movement to make sexual assault more visible to victims.
It is now growing in popularity with women across the globe.
We spoke to the founder of #MeItsMe who said the hashtag is empowering and changing the conversation.
“This hashtag is changing the whole conversation about what we are able to do as women on the Internet,” she said.
“It is changing what we know about rape culture on the web and making it more accessible to people.”
The hashtag has been trending on Twitter and Facebook since last month.
The founder of the #MesosMe hashtag, a #MeTalk group that encourages women to talk about sexual harassment and assault, said the #meitewomen hashtag is a key part of the movement.
“I have had some very encouraging women who have been part of my group say they are more comfortable talking about the issue, and it is very empowering for women,” she told News.
“They are not afraid to speak out.
The fact that it is now so normalized in our society that it has become a thing, I think that is a huge step forward.”
A #MeTogether group has been established to support victims of sexual assault.
Its co-founder, Katie Kibbles, said she felt the #mesosme hashtag is the right thing to do.
“The #meshosme movement is about making sure that women don’t have to hide behind their computer screens to share their stories,” she added.
“What we are seeing on social media is a new way for women to be able to say something.”
We are seeing it now on the #womeninmedia and #womenwhomyoutubers, and in the #manwhomwhom hashtag, where women can say, ‘You are so brave and you are making a difference’.
“A spokesperson for the Federal Government said they are working on a statement to support the #feministsinmedia movement.
The Federal Government has said they have heard from some survivors of sexual harassment who were left out of the conversation and were seeking support.”
For women in the workplace, this is a powerful message that they have not been heard,” spokesperson of the Australian Women’s Forum, Jill Hennessy, said.
She said while there is still much to be done, the #menwhomwhowhom conversation is the next best thing to a boycott.”
There are women who are coming forward to share stories of sexual abuse and violence, but those stories are often overlooked,” she explained.”
Many of these stories are not being told in public because the perpetrators have fled the country.
“That is a problem for the Government, but it is also a problem that women are going to have to work through.”
Men are not the only perpetrators out there, and the Government is not going to solve this problem unless we all join together to help change the culture.
“The Federal Attorney-General, Mark Dreyfus, said his department would also support the movement, but would not directly speak on the issue.”
If someone is going to say they were raped by a colleague, the victim is going have to be heard, and we will not tolerate that,” he said.
Topics:women,women-in-the-media,sexual-offences,sexual assault,community-and-society,women,crime,sexual‑offences-and‑courts,law-crime-and–justice,government-and -politics,harbour-2650,vic,australiaMore stories from Victoria