Samsung is recalling the Galaxy Note7 due to a “safety issue”.
The device, which was originally sold from November, 2017 to February, 2018, is currently being investigated by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
It is believed to be the first time Samsung has recalled an Android phone.
The Galaxy Note series has become the most popular smartphone in the world after the Note7.
Last week, Samsung said it was recalling about 15 million phones worldwide because of a “lack of battery life” caused by a “vulnerability in the lithium-ion battery”.
On Wednesday, the company issued a statement saying it was working to identify the cause of the issue and was taking the matter “extremely seriously”.
“The Galaxy S7 Edge, Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S9 will be affected.
Samsung has already implemented a software update to address this vulnerability,” it said.
“We will also update the Note 7 devices to the update immediately.”
The company added that it was also looking into “the possibility of other phones affected by this vulnerability”.
If you have a Galaxy Note, Galaxy Note8, Galaxy Edge or Galaxy SX, the issue can be fixed by installing the latest Android software update.
In the meantime, Samsung is encouraging customers to avoid using their phones in the following scenarios: